Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lesson #3 I Can Pray to Heavenly Father

We had a pretty good lesson this last Sunday, and fun too, all girls again, my assistant there and sanity was back!
I have to tell you, I decorated the whole room for Valentines, I thought it would go good with "HF love us" theme, and it did, I decorated one of the boards with HF, Jesus and some pictures of kids, together with hearts all around the room, and they just seem very interested in the decorations.
So, when lesson time started, I sat them down in fron of that board, and ask them who they saw, they got it all right and made the connection with them and the hearts very well, I was really proud of them, I tell you, it never seize to amaze me how much they relate to pictures, I gotta always remember that.
Talking about pictures, I tried to do some songs without pictures, like "Soy un hijo de Dios" and it didn't work very well, so that was a good test on how much they relate to the HF and world pictures, they did work good with "A Happy Family" because I had the pictures for that one. Favorite on Sunday, definitely "Si en tu cara enojo hay" ("If there's a frawn in your face"? don't really know the name in English), they loved the face that turns happy with just turning it.
At the end of the class, each one of them using their handout from the nursery manual that they had colored, took turns praying and did very well with help.
A really nice reward for me was later in the day at home, I was babysitting my niece, I am giving her a snack, and she tells me "Tia we haven't said the prayer" and folds her arms and starts, I guess that's the whole reason why you put effort in your classes, even when you don't notice, they really are listening! Gotta love this calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment