Monday, January 12, 2009

Lesson #2: HF has a plan for me


So, I decided I was going to focus on one thing only for them to learn, if they learned that, I would be a happy camper. My main focus was on them learning they have a body that HF gave them when he sent them here to their parents on earth, and it is one just like His. Now, a lesson you have planned in your head sometimes doesn't work as planned when your assistant doesn't come, sometimes you don't know how much you depend on a person until that person is gone, granted, she's been gone before, but I've always had somebody else (usually my husband) to help me, not this time, my husband was busy and the missionaries couldn't come, so it was just me, BUSY, CHAOTIC, BUSY, to say the least, but still wonderful, I had a couple of things to do with them but instead I concentrated my efforts in tracing their hands and making a flower out of them, and I multi-task and taught the lesson while I was tracing their hands, I knew I wasn't going to have more time, so while tracing I was talking to them about the lesson and how our little fingers are just like HF's, they liked that, and they colored them too, so that bought me some time to get the snacks ready.
We did sing too, not very succesfully, I have to say, this week, they did good on "Soy un hijo de Dios" they all seem to know that song now, but when we or I started singing "A Happy Family" they seemed to have forgotten it, that caught me by surprise, they knew it pretty well a month ago, so off we go to learn it again :), of course they did the "Popcorn song" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider" well too, but that just seemed to be the end of their interest in singing, they were just too excited to get their flowers done, and again, it was just me, so the process wasn't going too fast, I kind of entertained them making them color the color page on the manual,
they did like that and gave me the chance to finish the flowers. 2 hours flew by, before I knew it the kids from the other ward were coming, none my kids were picked up, and I hadn't cleaned up yet, so yes, it was busy, of course chaotic, but still, wouldn't change my calling for anything in the world right now :).

P.S. I'll post some pictures of the project later, they loved their flowers and loved more that they could write with them. Note to self, bring camera every Sunday, they were excited to have their pictures taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment